Jim Fennell FCCA, MSc (Executive Leadership)
Jim Fennell has served as Secretary/Financial Controller of GMIT since 1993. He was Acting President from Dec 2010 - Apr 2011. Before joining GMIT, he was Financial Controller of a number of divisions within McInerney Properties plc in Ireland and Portugal. He has also lectured in GMIT and for the Professional Accountancy Bodies. He is a graduate of GMIT, a Fellow of the Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and holds a MSc in Executive Leadership from University of Ulster.
He holds a number of non-executive directorships including:
* President of Galway Chamber of Commerce
* HEAnet - Chairman of Board of Directors and Finance Sub-Committee
* Member of Audit Committee Mayo County Council
* Member of 'A Vision for Galway 2040' Steering Committee
In the past, he held a number of other non-executive directorships including:
* Chairman of the Marine Institute 2008-2013
* An Chéim (Collaborative Higher Education Information Management) 2000-2013
* Member of the 2020 Strategy Committee for the agrifood, forestry and fisheries sectors
A native of Co Clare, Jim Fennell now lives in Kinvara, Co Galway.